Regina Mundi Girls Secondary School, Iwo is a model Secondary established for the moral and academic formation of girls. It was founded on 19th March 1995 by His Grace, Most Rev. Dr. Felix Alaba Job, the Emeritus Archbishop of the Catholic Archdiocese of Ibadan.
He established the School because of the need for the integral formation of the girl child. Hence, the goal of the School is to foster the harmonious development of the physical, intellectual, moral, social and psychological growth of girls.
The Archbishop therefore established the school to provide catholic education noted for its quality all over the world, to all girls irrespective of their social background and place of origin. He established the school to help curb the moral decadence in our society and schools, by making provision for such institution as this, where balanced education will be given to young girls.
It is a full boarding school, with adequate boarding facilities.
- Commitment to the formation and the development of young girls, who are mothers of tomorrow
- Commitment to world class education in standard.
- Commitment to integrity and humility
- Services to humanity.
- Commitment to high moral standard.
- Commitment to spiritual growth of the young girls in the steps of our lord and savior Jesus Christ.
- Well ventilated and spacious, classrooms with modern white board.
- Well equipped chemistry, physics, Biology, Agric, and catering craft laboratories.
- State of the art computer laboratory with modern digital flat screen computer.
- Internet facilities.
- Three standby generators.
- Well ventilated hostel with modern beds.
- Well equipped school clinic and hostel sick bay, in partnership with a nearby standard (government) approved hospital.
- Big and well stocked school library.
- Regular treated borehole for constant supply of clean water.
- An ultra- modern Multi-purpose hall.
- Qualified graduate teaches in various fields of learning.
- Air-conditioned new school bus for far and near educative tours such as excursion.
- Learning enabling environment.
The Academic curriculum of the school is in two segments, the junior secondary school and the senior secondary school in strict compliance with the national policy on education.
Students are prepared for the Junior Secondary Certificate (JSCE) also known as BECE, by the state Ministry of Education, the senior secondary school certificate Examination (SSCE) by WAEC and NECO...continue reading
The school has been recording numerous achievements, that it is often referred to by many as "Primus inter paris" meaning first among equals.
+234 (0) 816 274 0747
Oyo Road, Oke Bode, P.M.B 030. Iwo, Osun State, Nigeria.
Monday-Friday: 8AM - 4PM